A healthy, loving sex life is among the most important factors to a happy, lasting marriage. Oftentimes, relationship issues related to sex are actually the result of lacking communication between husband and wife.
In this segment, you will benefit from professional advice and conversation-starters. By talking through these sensitive topics during your engagement, you will position yourselves for a lifetime of healthy, exciting and fulfilling intimacy.
Areas of Discussion
- Communicate your desires and fears to your partner.
- Give yourselves time to learn how your bodies respond to one another.
- Respect each other’s limits.
- Make it a lifelong habit to touch and hold each other.
- Keep “dating” all through the years, making it a priority to have intimate time with your spouse.
- Make your relationship an adventure of the heart, mind and body. Enjoy a lifetime of shared discovery.
This segment features a married couple of more than 30 years. They are individually-qualified presenters, bringing great professional experience, education and personal insight to the discussion.
Dr. Dennis Sugrue is a clinical psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan Medical School. He received a Master of Science Degree in Experimental Psychology from Eastern Michigan University and completed his doctoral studies in clinical psychology at the University of Windsor.
Working in Catholic education for thirty-five years, Bernadette Sugrue is the retired Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Detroit. Previously, she was an elementary school principal for eight years, and prior to that a junior high school teacher for sixteen years.